- One Way "Trusted" Links (If its not reciprocal).
- Some Directories, generally with higher Page Rank, pass on their PR to the sites they are linking to. Thus, a link from such directories help you to gain higher PR.
- An occasional visitor which a site can get from directories.
If you ask me, I would prefer spending my money on Microsoft Small Business Central, sbd.bcentral.com. They got a great PR on there site and you get several links from pages with high PR. Another good paid directories I like are botw.org, which is one of the oldest Web Directories around & GoGuides.com.
dir.yahoo.com is good too – but its too expensive. I would rather suggest you use your money smartly and buy inclusion in cheaper directories with a PR 6-8. A good list of such directories can be found here : www.directorycritic.com/paid-directory-list.html
Few things you should keep in mind before selecting any of these directories:
- IP Addresses of the directories. It's very important that you have links from different IPs to get most out of them
- Page where your link will appear and number of links on that page. You shouldn't submit to those directories which list more than 100 links per page, including internal links and Ad links.
- Page Rank & Indexing Status of the page where your link will appear. If the page is not indexed by Google, then it's not worth the effort.
BlinkList del.icio.us Digg Furl ma.gnolia reddit Simpy Spurl Google Lycos Netscape RawSugar